Monday, April 9, 2007

My boy, my son, my love


My baby boy turned eight years old today. I try to think back to the day I found out I was pregnant. August 11th 1998, it was the day before my third anniversary. I was scared, excited, and overwhelmed. What did I know about having a baby? What was I thinking?

And then the day came… my water broke, and off to the hospital we went. At 4:00am on April 9, 1999 he was born.
7 lbs 10 ozs, 21 inches long.

My boy, my son, my love.

As he grew I watched him become a toddler full of wonder. Then a child off to Kindergarten, to learn what the world is about. Now he is a handsome young man. Full of compassion, love, energy, and patience.

He loves to play on the computer (like his dad), and loves soccer. Over the past years he has wanted to be an Army Soldier when he grows up, but that has recently changed to a computer programmer that makes airplane games.

What can I say… I love him. May his dreams always come true.

No comments: