Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Life's Side-Effects

So I got a call from my doctor in Seattle and they are putting me on a new medication. It is called Imuran (http://www.medicinenet.com/azathioprine/article.htm). So I decide to look up the side-effects...

Keep in mind that this is to help with my joint pain:
  • Azathioprine can cause serious lowering of the white blood cell count, resulting in an increased risk of infections.
  • Azathioprine can cause nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite
  • Azathioprine can also cause liver toxicity (in less than 1% of rheumatoid arthritis patients).
  • Other side effects encountered less frequently include fatigue, hair loss, joint pains, and diarrhea.

Hello, we are trying to get rid of Joint Pain!!! Anyone ever think that life would be filled with so many side-effects?

No comments: