Thursday, November 8, 2007

Seattle - Day #1

Okay so we had an absolute blast in Seattle! I am going to try to remember every thing we did in a day by day order but who knows if I will get it all straight!!!

4:40am Pick up from Em meant that I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked, but the excitement of a trip with the girls was just want I needed after cheer was done. Check in went pretty smooth... after we figured out that the tickets had been reserved using our (Em & I) first names as last names. We found out that the flight was full so our plan of reserving the aisle and window seemed to be backfiring on us. But we figured that we could talk who ever was in the middle into switching. We boarded and we found a husband of another friend in that middle seat!! He was more than willing to NOT be in between us. It was a smooth flight to Seattle and I was still so excited I didn't sleep!

Once in SeaTac we split up, Em & Carol (aka Mom) heading to rent the car and Mona and I to find our bags. Four women - four bags (extras packed - just in case), however only 3 bags came off the plane. Mona's bag got to earn extra miles. We found the car and headed to the find food. Flying makes you hungry... or was it getting up at 4am? I was nominated to be navigator and did a fine job if I say so myself.

After lunch we connected with Jeri and Stephanie and set up to meet at the Hotel. More navigating and no wrong turns. We found the Hotel, got checked in and called Jeri. They were still at the mall... so off we went to find them! (Like we needed an excuse to go to a mall).

The Bellvue Mall is very high class... and to us bargain shoppers a bit spendy. However we did get our hair cut (Em, Carol & I), bought product, and went to Build-a-Bear.



After such a successful trip to the mall we headed to dinner at a FABULOUS restaurant called The Melting Pot. We met up with Em's cousin Chuck and had a blast, we opted for a cheese course and chocolate (we all had a salad too):


It was a perfect end to a first day on a trip... Em and I got back to our room and watched Hairspray thanks to the Hotel movie selections. And then we slept!

No comments: